Friday, December 01, 2006

My Favorite 10...

CHRISTMAS MOVIES:

10. Christmas with the Kranks

9. Rudolph

8. Frosty

7. Grinch (Cartoon)

6. Scrooged

5. Disney’s A Christmas Carol

4. Polar Express

3. Grinch (Jim Carrey’s)

2. Charlie Brown Christmas

1. Christmas Vacation

Keep in mind that I haven’t seen A Christmas Story, It’s Wonderful Life, and White Christmas all the way through yet. Just never took the time. Maybe this year, we’ll see. I love Miracle on 34th Street… but it’s been so long since I’ve seen it, I feel like I need to watch it again before I put it on the list. The new movie, Deck the Halls, looks kind of funny. Christmas with the Kranks is only on the list because of sentimental value. It was a John Grisham book before it was a movie. Melissa and I spent one Christmas season reading the book to each other before going to bed each night. Good times. Good movies.

6 comments:

Matt said...

Josh,

Check out THe Muppet Christmas Carol. It is one of the funniest, yet best adoptations of the book (at least I think so).

Patsy and I own it on VHS if you'd like to borrow it. I think Emily would like it too.

Josh H said...

You know, it's funny... but the Muppet Christmas Carol is another one of those Christmas movies that I put on a list to watch. I'd love to borrow it.

You'd be proud of me... I bought the Muppet Show Season One on DVD and regularly watch it with Emily now. She loves it. She even recognizes the theme song.

Anonymous said...

A Christmas Story is my all-time favorite!

Anonymous said...

I'm delighted that someone else loves the Muppets. Aaron thinks they're freaky, so I've never bought the DVDs, but man, that was the show for me growing up...very funny stuff.

How do you feel about the movie ELF? It annoyed me at first, but now I love it.

Josh H said...

Yep... I liked ELF... Emily really likes it too. Good stuff.

Matt said...

I highly agree with the number 1-Christmas vacation is the all time greatest, I just wish I could show it to the teens at our Christmas parties, but I am afraid of the potential fallout with parents...lol