Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Emily's first day of 1st grade!

Well, it seems like only yesterday I was posting about Emily's first day of Kindergarten. I can't believe how quickly this year has flown by. Emily is definitely ready for 1st grade, but emotionally it has been hard on all of us. She has been very concerned with not being able to hang out with Aaron and I and play with us as much. She's talked a lot about how long her days will feel. I think they will go faster than she thinks...lots of activities, lunch, recess, art, music, etc. I know she'll adjust and just love it. She seems to have a great teacher and everyone speaks highly of her.

Yesterday was a half day for her and today is her first full-day. The house is definitely quieter. Aaron jabbers and makes noise, but she was my conversationalist. There was always plenty to discuss with her around!!



Em waiting in line, with her class, to go inside.

2 comments:

Holly said...

Wow...I can't believe she's in first grade. Where did that baby go that I used to love to watch?? :)

The VM Family said...

Hey! Is Emily going to Timothy? If so, she's in a class (and possibly a bus!) with our nephew, Calvin!

Glad you had another great Disney trip. That free dining is an incredible deal. Look forward to hearing more...