Friday, October 03, 2008

A Cardinal Fan in a Cub World

Emily is not afraid to speak her mind when it comes to bashing the Cubbies!! She does it to grandparents, church-people, friends, etc. So apparently her school was going to wear Cubs gear yesterday to cheer on the Cubs and the teacher asked them to write a reminder note to bring home that said "wear Cubs clothes tomorrow". When I opened Emily's backpack, this is what her note said...."Wear Cubs clothes tomorrow but we won't because we don't like them". It was killing her to have to bring home a note about the Cubs, so she just HAD to add an extra line about how we don't like them.

Josh and I got a pretty big kick out of this!! He's trained her right, I guess.

I have to admit that the Cardinals and fan situation is probably the thing I miss most about not living in St. Louis anymore. I used to love having Cards days at school and being able to wear my jeans and Cards shirt. I loved that the teachers' conversation in the lunchroom everyday had to do with the game the night before and what was going on with the team. I loved that my kids would talk about being at the game the night before or would share their excitement about going to the game that night. I loved that taking time off from school to go to a World Series game was not only approved by the principals, but cheered on by them!! It was just a great environment and I absolutely loved the excitement toward the Cardinals - everywhere I went. I am sad that as big as a Cardinal fan as Emily is...she won't grow up in it, but she's proved she can hold her own and definitely won't turn. Now we just have to work on Aaron!!

1 comment:

Jeannie said...

Ah, a bit like a Packer fan living in Minnesota...

Greg came home from school one day with hurt feelings as a boy had said, "I don't want to play with a PACKER FAN!"