Saturday, November 01, 2008

National Bloggers Month

Well,

I read a few years ago that November is considered National Bloggers Month... so in order to celebrate that... I will be posting at least one time each day this month. In fact, this will be my second go at this. Last November, I pulled this off (barely... with the help of a few people) and this year I'm going to give it another shot. Makes it a little easier that I hardly ever write on my blog anymore... so I'm fairly certain that I could pull off something for 30 or so days.

I'll start today with a few quick news bites:

-Emily and I are going to see Star Wars: The Clone Wars today in the theatres. It may surprise some of you to hear that I haven't seen this yet. But I was waiting till Emily and I had a chance to see it together. And then when we get home, we'll have about 5 episodes of Clone Wars to catch up with recorded on our handy dandy DVR.

-I'm starting a four week sermon series tomorrow on Holiness. I'm very excited. (I'll post a snippet of it for my blog post tomorrow.) I've been excited about what I'm hearing within the Wesleyan church about Holiness Thought and Theology. In fact, if you are interested... I highly recommend 'Be Holy...' the third in the Wesleyan Theological Perspectives series released by Wesleyan Publishing House. Very engaging read!

-I still love being a Lead Pastor. Some days are better than others. But most days are better as a lead pastor than most days as a staff pastor. If that makes sense... haha.

-Emily knows how many years the Cubs have gone without winning a World Series. Just throwing that out there. She is well aware of the numbers now.

-I absolutely love my little boy Aaron. He's into everything... He loves cars, trains and construction vehicles. And he is really starting to talk now!

-I love my wife about as much as you can love another human being. Just thought I'd throw that out there too. Did you know we celebrated 10 years last summer? Hard to believe.

I think that will about do it for now. I'm sure you'll hear more than you want to about my life in the next month if you track with me all month! Cheers!

1 comment:

Jeannie said...

Looking forward to your posts!

Warning - we've been DVRing Clone Wars too, and I think it's the fifth episode where they use "hell" a couple of times...frustrating...It was a bummer cause the boys have really been loving it. We just deleted that one and kept the rest.

We have more lightsabers in this house than a normal American family should have, I tell you.