Saturday, July 11, 2009

The Kiddos

I thought I'd post a small update on here tonight... I'm really going to try hard to post more... not so much because I think anybody is still reading... but because it's good to get some of this down before I forget it.

Emily... she's seven years old now... which boggles my mind. She is so creative; she scrap-books with Melissa; writes little short stories; draws some very cool pictures (with some forced perspective even - I mean, seriously... she already draws better freehand stuff than I do.) She loves to play the Lego games on Wii right now. Particularly Star Wars. It's a very fun collaborative game that we can play together.

Aaron... he just turned three and is a great little boy. He has a more defiant streak than Emily had, so I've had to completely rethink discipline with him. Just raising my voice doesn't work with him like it did Emily. He loves 'Tar Yays' (Star Wars) and I just told Melissa that all those toys that I bought in college have now paid off... because the kids love them. In fact, I just opened a clone trooper from Episode 2 up today. That's love... to open my precious carded figures!

Just one little story that I don't want to forget... the other night, Emily was staying over at Melissa's parents house and Aaron stayed home with us. We put him to bed and then came back about an hour later to find him asleep in Emily's room... on Emily's bed. So he definitely missed his sissy that night.

I know this might not always be the case, but my kids bring me extreme joy right now. I love watching them grow up and develop. It's an amazing journey!

1 comment:

Jeannie said...

Ah, so you're already into the star wars wii -- i should've known, i should've known...