Wednesday, August 10, 2005

Take Me Out To The Ballgame



I just wanted to share a few pictures with you from last Thursday night.

My dad and I went to a Cards game together. I arranged to get some very good seats (2nd row from the field, one section to the left of the visitor's dugout... almost looking right at third base.

Anyway... I decided to not be completely honest with dad about the location of the seats. I told him we were up in the upper deck... noisebleeds. I kept the tickets hidden from him until we got through the gate... then I turned, handed him the tickets, and told him to navigate us to our seats.

He looked at the tickets briefly, put them in his chest pocket, and told me that he needed to go to the bathroom first. Hehe. We took about three steps, then dad stopped in his tracks... reached into his chest pocket... took out one of the tickets with a weird look on his face and scanned down the ticket until his eyes confirmed to his mind what he thought he saw the first time he looked at the tickets: The seats were much, much closer than I had let on. MUCH closer. Haha. He said later that he had never been that close to the field before.

I think he was very happy with the surprise. Cards lost... but I don't think it mattered to Dad. He seemed to really enjoy the game. We had foul balls flying all around us. Jose Oquendo actually waved to some people in our section... it was wild. Anyway... both these pics are from our seats... just to give you an idea of how close we were!


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Josh,

Just thought I would let you know that you are now on my list of frequent blog checks; you know, the ones I check every time I go online.

Peace,
Scott

Josh H said...

Oh geez... first these people have to fill my email box with spam... now they are fill my comment bin with spam...

For the love of everything good and holy...

Josh H said...

By the way... Scott...

thanks for checking often! It's been good to reconnect with you!