Tuesday, November 22, 2005

Things I'm Thankful For...

• For kisses on the cheek from Emily when I didn’t ask for them
• For the gift of salvation
• For football season… which tides me over until baseball season
• For the God-given and God-sanctioned sport of baseball
• For the God-favored baseball organization: The St. Louis Cardinals
• For my beautiful and supportive wife, Melissa
• For turkey sandwiches on Thanksgiving evening made from leftovers
• For the times that Emily asks me to play with Star Wars toys with her
• For the growing child within Melissa’s belly that is currently .67 of a centimeter long
• For my 1980’s Nintendo Entertainment System and the first Zelda game
• For God calling me into ministry
• For a loving and supportive family
• For snickers candy bars
• For my early 1990’s Super Nintendo Entertainment System and Final Fantasy 3
• For the Godly heritage that my parents passed down to me
• For Stove Top stuffing
• For ebay
• For the privilege of being called a child of God
• For the times I can do minor yard work with Emily’s help
• For health
• For Disney World
• For free, on-line fantasy sports
• For the times when Melissa and I settle in to watch a movie
• For my late 1990’s Nintendo 64 and Mario Tennis
• For Olive Garden and Texas Roadhouse
• For the church of Jesus Christ
• For music and specifically, U2’s music
• For my laptop computer and wireless internet
• For the cross and the empty tomb
• For the rare fiction novel that cannot be put down
• For Notre Dame football
• For the times when Emily sings ‘Take Me Out to the Ballgame’
• For the Warcraft PC games
• For McDonald’s eggnog shakes
• For Empire Strikes Back and the other five Star Wars movies
• For God’s Word
• For tennis and the ability to play
• For my education
• For the gift of laughter
• For scented candles (like pumpkin spice and cinnamon)
• For hot showers in the morning
• For the gift of life, both now and in eternity

2 comments:

Angele Myska said...

Great list! I'm working on one too.

Anonymous said...

WOW! Where to begin? Definitely captured the essence of who you are...excellent job! But, may I add a few more to the list...free Applebees, mail from Grandma Sands, singing...You know I concur on the baseball part too but that team...Ahhh!!! Also, I have to know...are you going to get into college basketball again this year? It's what tides me over!!! :) Well, Happy Thankgiving! All my love to the family!

KDB