Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Disney Trip 4

My brother had to leave on this day because the Air Force decided to do some special training or something on this particular week. Unfortunately they didn’t tell him before he booked for the whole week… AND they ended up canceling the training once he got back to base. Frustrating.

We went to Epcot. This is a theme park that I have really come to appreciate the more I’ve been in it. It’s a beautiful park: Jumping fountains, beautiful flowers, lots of great architecture and landscaping. I started the day off by getting FastPasses for Soarin’… an outstanding ride. I think this was my dad’s favorite attraction at Disney. (Grade: A)

Then we went over to Test Track, another very fun ride (Grade: A). We actually got Emily to ride on it… and we actually got her to raise her hands during the really fast part of the ride. It was very cool to see her actually enjoy a ‘thrill’ ride! I think Test Track was my mom’s favorite ride at Disney.


I got to experience the new Finding Nemo ‘dark ride’ portion at the Living Seas pavilion. It was different than I expected… but pretty neat. Most of the story was told by video… and they made it actually seem like Nemo and his friends were in the tank with the real fish through video technology… cool stuff. (Grade: B)

We went to lunch at a place I’ve heard a lot about called Le Cellier steakhouse in the Canada pavilion. Our group of reservations actually opened the restaurant up… so we watched as the employees sang a stirring rendition of ‘O Canada!’ I had Canadian Cheddar Cheese soup… which was just ok; Steak… which was very good; and had S’mores for dessert… which were just average.


Dad and I stayed behind in the afternoon… while the ladies and the kiddos went back to the hotel for the afternoon. We did something that both of us had wanted to do for a long time… take a closer look at the different country pavilions in the World Showcase. We saw the neat mountain waterfall at Canada, went pearl hunting at Japan, saw the miniature train set at Germany, went on a mini-flume ride at Norway, and drank several different sodas from around the world at Club Cool. I also saw a Dr. Munson Honeydew and Beaker contraption that interacted with guests and did all sorts of crazy things. (The Muppets rock!)

We did dinner at a place called the Coral Reef… which was a restaurant situated next to the Living Seas aquarium. During our meal, we watched all different types of fish swim by… along with divers who would hold up signs like: ‘Happy Birthday.’ I had the Creamy Lobster Soup… which was hands down the best soup I’ve had in a while and the best appetizer I got at Disney. I made a mistake by getting the shrimp pasta for my entrĂ©e… I should have gotten the steak… which Melissa and Dad said were they best they had all week. Cheesecake was for dessert.



We experienced Illuminations, which continues to be a visually stunning show around the World Showcase Lagoon… then we went home.

2 comments:

Jeannie said...

Now, see, you are a normal American person. Aaron says the Muppets are freaky and just look like monsters. I would personally be very happy with Season One of the Muppet Show on DVD. That's just how I roll.

Josh H said...

Cute Kermit the frog? Cuddly Fozzy Bear? Freaky monsters? No way! :)

By the way... did you know that the Muppet Show: Season Two is out now? I believe it came out in the summer. I haven't picked it up yet... but I've heard that it's pretty good.