Friday, January 09, 2009

My Two Year Old

I'm not good at remembering little things like this… so I’m going to write it down before I forget it. Last night, Emily told on Aaron. Evidently, Aaron had thrown a toy and it knocked over and broke one of Melissa’s winter decorations. I gave Aaron a stern look and went into the other room to survey the damage. At that moment, I heard him take off… and I heard (through the baby monitor) his closet door moving.

So I went looking for him. I went down the hallway. I moved into his room. Still no sight of him. Finally, I opened the closet door… and there he is. Hiding. I had never seen him do this before. It was hard not to crack up laughing. Very clever. Also very Adam and Eve-ish too. It’s interesting to see how early we learn to hide from our mistakes…

No comments: