Friday, January 09, 2009

Wow!

So I get a packet from my denominational headquarters... they are promoting a Spring/Easter campaign that they have been doing for a few years now. In this packet, there is a letter and a pen.


Well, I'm used to getting pens in the mail all the time... It was a big ole fat pen with campaign title across the side of it. I just smiled and put it in my middle drawer where the rest of my ka-jillion pens rest.

It actually wasn't until the next day that I read the letter that came with it. The letter told me to enjoy my USB Pen. What?!?! A USB Pen?!

Sure enough... the pens breaks open at the middle and the non-writing portion of the pen is a USB flash drive. They had loaded all the campaign curriculum on the pen. Even better though, is the fact that it holds 1GB in memory!!!! 1 Gig!!!


Sometimes it pays to be a pastor! Great work, headquarters! You hit a home run on this one. (Of course, I'm sure there are some pastors out there who still think it's just a pen. Snicker, snicker.)

3 comments:

Jeannie said...

mmm, interesting, and I'm wondering how many will know how to use it? innovation, yay!

Chris said...

Oh and worse...how many will it break in half on and they will have to ask someone what that thing is stickin' out of the other half! :)

Scott D. Hendricks said...

Thanks for the comment, Josh.