Wednesday, February 02, 2005

Shotgun Post

I've had a really hard time motivating myself to write in my BLOG in the last several weeks. I have been busy at work... and have been too preoccupied at home to really sit down and write anything. Same is true this week. I honestly don't have any huge thing pressing down on my heart right now... or any issue that I want to take the time to hash out. But I've thought of a few small items to share about... so here I go! The top ten small things on my mind: In no particular order... I present to you my first shotgun post of this blog:

1) I was able to score TWO tickets to see U2 play in Chicago, at the United Center, in May. Four shows in Chicago sold out within about an hour of going on sale. I feel extremely lucky. This will be my second U2 concert. I have a feeling that this one will be pretty unforgettable... based on their new stuff.

2) Cardinals pitchers and catchers report to spring training in less than 16 days. I am very excited. That also means that fantasy baseball will be starting up sometime soon. Whahoo!! Winter is really starting to get long now.

3) Cub fans are weird. They have lost 2/3 of their outfield, 1/5 of their starting pitching, and never touched their pathetic bullpen over the offseason... and their fans think that they are going to run away with the central this year. Yeah. Right.

4) I just bought a Wilson ProStaff 6.6 Titanium racquet on ebay for $20.00. From what I've seen, that racquet costs $100.00 retail. I am really getting itchy to play some tennis again soon!

5) The Illinois basketball team is so much fun to watch. I'll admit that I'm fairweather this year. I don't normally follow ANY team closely until the tournament starts in March... but I try to watch this team play any chance that I get. They win because they play TOGETHER. I hope they go all they way in March/April.

6) I will elaborate on this further some other time... but here's my personal take on ministry: The best thing and worst thing about ministry is..... people. Over the past month... I have been overjoyed with some of our newer Christians taking baby steps in their faith; yet I have been completely disappointed with others in the church because their constant bickering about non-eternal issues.

7) Every now and again, Melissa and I will find a cool movie. I can officially recommend the Manchirian Candidate. It's a misdirectional movie that keeps you guessing. Very nice... very tense. And Denzell is in it... and I enjoy most of the movies that he is in.

8) Emily is such a funny little girl. I wish I remembered to write down everything she does to delight, impress, surprise me. Whenever she hears someone burp in our household (and yes, it CAN be Melissa at times) she says this: "That's gross, mommy, that's gross." (Haha! I taught her that! Haha!)

9) As far as I'm concerned, hockey players and owners can disagree for the rest of my life. Do you know how much I've missed hockey? Zip, zilch, zero, nada, not at all. Gives our radio personalities more time to talk about the Cards.

10) Star Wars: Episode 3: Revenge of the Sith is due out this May. From everything that I've seen or heard about it... it looks like it will be good. Very, very, very dark... but good. Should be interesting. I still like the Old Trilogy much better than the New One.

That's all for now:

Josh

No comments: