Saturday, February 12, 2005

Shotgun - Volume 2

To the three of you that check this site regularly... I apologize. I have had a busy couple of weeks and haven't had anything that I have wanted to write a long article about for awhile. So probably over the next couple of weeks, I'll stick with random thoughts that I've had on my mind...

With that said... here goes nothing.

1) Cardinal's pitchers and catchers report in seven, count them, seven days.

2) I had my first opportunity to play tennis last Saturday. I played my brother who had his mind on other things at the time. But, thanks to him for letting me hit around with him for awhile. It really felt great... I am trying to work on a kick serve. I don't think that I've gotten the ball to 'kick' the way I want it yet... but I did figure out a way to serve down the middle with a little more accuracy. My next match will be this next Monday afternoon against Tony Hake.

3) Jose Canseco is a idiot. I would not be surprised if I ever found out that Mark McGwire 'juiced' up. But it will take more than a book from this moron to convince me he did. He pretty much tried to accuse anybody that has had more success than him. This will just be a good way to make a couple of bucks... but he certainly can't make money as a legitimate ball player.

4) I just finished the Star Wars book 'The Cestus Deception'. Just for anybody interested: I thought it was one of the better SW books that I have read in a while. Good storylines about Obi-Wan... and it gets you inside the head of a clone trooper. Very intriguing read.

5) My parents visited this weekend and they brought the movie 'The Forgotten.' It reminded me an X-File! I liked it... but it was so short... about 90 minutes. Good for a couple of thrills. I have always liked psychological thrillers.

6) Melissa and I participated in a 'Newlywed Game' last night at our church. We placed 2nd out of about 24 couples! Haha! It was great!

7) If any of you are looking for a fresh worship project... check out Desperation... They have two CD's out... and both are packed full of worship stuff that is authentic and moving! I have just fallen in love with their stuff. Check out 'Rescue' and 'Until My Breath Runs Dry' on their first project.

8) I have learned that ministry is full of ups and downs... and that there are times when you feel like you have tons of momentum and other times when you feel like you are walking backwards. Right now, I feel a tremendous amount of momentum in the ministry here at St. Peters Wesleyan. I count about 30 people who have started attending here in the last year and have stuck. About half of those come from either NO church background or a catholic church background. It has been really neat to see God working in the lives of these people!

9) Thanks to her uncle Kevin... Emily now does the whole 'here's the church, here's the steeple' trick with her hands. Pretty funny stuff.

10) Those Cubs... they traded away Farnsworth. A guy that has a 99+ fastball and a nice breakin' pitch. He's a headcase... but with really good stuff. Just doesn't sound like improving your bullpen to me. I know some will say that it's addition by subtraction... but man, there are only a handful of guys that throw that hard. We'll see how it plays out. Steve Stone says that he thinks the Cubs are in the best position in the central. He said on the radio that everybody but the Reds and Cubs got worse in the central. What?! The Cubs got better? How? They lost about 75 homeruns and about 190 RBI's from their starting line-up. They lost their most stable and reliable starter from last year. And what new players did they sign? Jeremy Burnitz? Will Jeremy be able to make up the 16 game difference between the Cards and Cubs from last year? Me thinks not... but we'll see.

That's all for know!

No comments: