Monday, June 19, 2006

LARGE and in CHARGE


Some of you out-of-towners have been asking for a picture of a pregnant Melissa. I'll give you two and some additional details:

We've settled on a name, I think. Aaron James Howard.

Not A.J.

I said Aaron. Period.

The doctors are predicting a nine pound baby, plus change. For reference... Emily was 7 pounds 7 ounces and she was one week early. Aaron will be born about three weeks early... two weeks earlier than Emily... and he'll be about two pounds more than Emily. Clearly, he is already taking after me.

Surgery is next Monday, June 26, at 7:30AM. Please keep Melissa in your prayers. She will be unable to do much of anything for about two weeks... because if she tears any scar tissue, she could clot. The doctor made it clear today that she should not do much of anything the first two weeks. So, we are trying to make the necessary arrangements... we'll see how it goes.

That's all I have for now...


4 comments:

Kevin Wright said...

Both of you, especially Melissa, will be in my prayers next Monday. I look forward to being an uncle for a 4th time. This allows me the opportunity to spoil a nephew!

Angele Myska said...

Large and in charge...I hope you're referring to the boy in the belly and not Melissa! :)

She looks beautiful and I'm sad to have missed this entire journey:( I'll be glad to be home soon and able to take Emily off her hands when she needs some bonding time with the baby or just plain rest.

I never even thought of A.J. Thanks for putting it in my mind...Aaron, Aaron, Aaron...ok, think I got it now:)

Jeannie said...

YEEEE HAWWWWWW!

Anonymous said...

Yeah! You all will be in my prayers! Melissa looks wonderful! I love the name...did Emily have any say in it? I remember hearing a story about you and names. :)

KDB