Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Disney Trip: Day 5

Day five started with Melissa and me going over to Animal Kingdom to ride the newest ride at Disney: Expedition Everest. It’s a roller coaster that is “in” the Himalayan mountains… which even includes a real Yeti. It’s a great ride, though very short. There’s even a segment where the coaster goes backward. It’s pretty disorienting and great!



We also took in other “non-Emily” rides like Dinosaur and It’s Tough to Be a Bug. It was a fun morning that reminded us of the first couple of times we went to Disney. We met up with Jim, Frances, Emily and Aaron for our lunch at Rainforest Café… which was pretty much paid for because of an internet rewards program called mypoints. I had earned enough points to have $50.00 in gift cards. Emily enjoyed the different “animals” and the sporadic thunderstorm. It’s one of my favorite places to eat there at Disney. Lots of attention to detail.



After another afternoon resting… we found our way back to the Magic Kingdom for another night there. We rode a couple of my favorite rides on this night… like Pirates of the Caribbean. I also really enjoyed walking with Emily down Main Street hand in hand and going over to Adventureland to climb up into the Swiss Family Treehouse. I remember that being the very first thing I that did way back on my first trip to Disneyworld in Junior High. She got kind of scared up at the top… but it’s a moment that I’ll never forget… and it’s a moment that Emily still mentions to me even now five months later! Very cool! We also took in the Enchanted Tiki Room… which is weird… but I don’t mind… Emily seemed to enjoy it as well.




We ate dinner at a counter service restaurant called Pecos Bill’s. I’ve always like this place because there is tons of indoor seating… and there is such a cool ambiance to the place. It’s decked out like a Caribbean small town setting… I really enjoy Disney’s attention to detail. The eating environments are some of the neatest things to experience there!

On this particular night, I was also able to buy a Dole Whip Pineapple Float. It is my favorite dessert at DisneyWorld… found in Magic Kingdom… specifically Adventureland. Think vanilla and pineapple icecream swirl right in the middle of pineapple juice. Oh so good. (I guess you have to like pineapples to get enjoyment out of this!)

A little later we were able to take in Mickey’s PhilHarMagic… which Emily really liked! Next to MuppetVision, it’s my favorite 3D attraction in the ‘World.’ It happens to be Melissa’s favorite. This particular night was the Extra Magic Hour for Magic Kingdom. It was so crowded! We were disappointed to miss out on several attractions that Emily would have loved like Peter Pan, Winnie the Pooh and several others.

Magic Kingdom is such a cool park at night. Main Street is decked out with so many lights. Adventureland doesn’t have lights… they have torches… if I remember right. Each land is lighted in a very unique way. It makes for a neat nighttime experience!

2 comments:

Matt said...

Josh,

It's been great fun reading about your adventures at Disney. Although I'm not a huge Disney fan, I do love Disney world. They just do such a grat job on everything. Patsy and I went with another adult couple like 3 years ago and just had a blast. I have the same picture with Mickey from Animal Kingdom! Patsy has our entire trip scrap booked, we'll have to show it to you some day.

Peace bro.

Matt

Anonymous said...

Josh,

We took Jonah up to the top of the Swiss Family Treehouse as well and he enjoyed it up there. His favorite ride @ Magic Kingdom was Splash Mountain. As soon as we went down the big hill, he said "let's go again!" There was not enough time in the day to do everything at MK, so he missed out on Peter Pan, PhilharMagic, and a few others unfortunately.

Jess