Friday, March 30, 2007

Disney Trip: Day Seven

Short summary: We packed. We checked out. We drove to the airport. We gave our nice cars back. We checked in to the airport. We went through security. We flew home.

Here are some various random thoughts that didn’t fit anywhere else:

· It never rained while we were down there. (At least during the times we were in the parks.) That’s never happened to me before… usually it rains a bunch! And we were right in the middle of hurricane season!


· I’ve still got two more value resorts to test out: All Star Sports and Pop Century. We really enjoyed the movies… wish the main pool wasn’t under construction… because we really would have preferred to stay in the Toy Story section.



· My favorite travel guide for WDW is the Unofficial Guide put out by Bob Sehlinger and Len Testa. Comprehensive, Informative and funny!


· Next time I go, I think I’d like to go for two extra days… and then alternate by doing a park one day and then taking the next day off. Every time I go, I feel my lack of physical fitness sooner and sooner. I had blisters by day two on this trip… and I was exhausted by day three… to the point where I didn’t even really want to go to the parks in the evenings. Next time I’ll do it differently.



· Something I never realized until I took a kid that wanted to get character autographs: Most (if not all) characters are trained to sign autographs in a certain way. Yes, folks, all Mickey Mouse’s sign their name in the same way… there are usually little ‘touches’ that set one character apart from another character as it pertains to their autograph. I’m not wanting to get into specifics here… other than to say that I never knew that and it’s another example of how Disney is so good at taking care of the smallest details.


· Love bugs. Too many love bugs. Must get away from the stinkin’ love bugs. From what little I learned about these things, they appear about twice a year. They are bugs that you always see in pairs. Point is… everything you saw had love bugs crawling all over it. From what I heard on a podcast after the trip… it was an unusually large infestation that hit central Florida this year. Yuck.


· I hate driving to the Magic Kingdom. I understand Walt Disney’s concept of wanting guests to leave the ‘real’ world behind… but it takes forever to get there. You start in the parking lot, take a tram to the monorail or ferry, and then take one of those to the Magic Kingdom. Whew. I get worn out just thinking about it. The free bus ride from the resort is the best way to go.


· I hope I never have to use a double stroller at Walt Disney World ever again… it was way too bulky for trams, trains, buses or anything else I had to take it on. Unpacking it and unloading it in any quick fashion was almost impossible. Grrrrrrr.


· FREE DINING PLAN ROCKS!!! Total estimated ‘spending’ on food: $850.00 – That’s a lot of free food, ladies and gentlemen. And I enjoyed every little bit of it… believe you me.


· When can I go again? Please, Melissa, can we go soon?


Ok, I'm finally done. For MUCH more recent trips to Disney... check out The Evans Family or The McKee Family.

No comments: