Thursday, May 18, 2006

Bits and Pieces

EMILY: She says the funniest things sometimes. Yesterday she came upstairs crying and told us that she had fallen down the steps. She wasn’t acting hurt anywhere… I think it just scared her. We asked her how far she had fallen (basically, we were wanting to know from which step she had fallen.) She responded by saying: ‘I fell about 45 or 46.’ The rest of the night, when we asked her how far she had fallen, she responded with the same numbers. Just makes me laugh every time I think about it. (Her response, not that she fell.)

NO BOY NAME YET: Melissa and I cannot settle on a boy’s name. We’ve gone back and forth about several. Maybe I should auction the naming rights off on ebay? Have people bid on the chance to name my kid? *Melissa… stop hitting me…. I was just kidding.* However, maybe after the baseball tournament is done… I can create a poll on the blog with our top five picks and see what the public opinion is… Hmmmm.

EMILY 2: We were at gymnastics with her the other night and she was really doing some cool things on the bars. At one point, she was hanging upside down with her feet and she looked over at us to make sure we were watching. We both gave her a huge thumbs up and she smiled really big. Then she got down… ran to the door to the lobby area where all the parents are… opened the door… turned to us with all the other parents watching and yelled: ‘MOMMY, DADDY… DID YOU SEE THAT? DID YOU SEE THAT? THAT WAS AWESOME!’ We laughed along with all the other parents. The ways she says ‘awesome’ cracks me up… she almost growls it out and it comes out ‘aweshome.’ Very funny.

BARRY BONDS: I don’t like him. That’s all I have to say. I just don’t like him.

THE CHICAGO CUBS: I can’t stand them… that’s all I have to say… I can’t stand them.

ULTRASOUND: Melissa had an ultrasound on Tuesday. The baby already weighs 5 pounds and Melissa still has six weeks to go. As a comparison, Emily weighed about seven and a half pounds when she was born. They think he’ll come out weighing about eight and a half pounds. And he’ll be born about two weeks earlier than Emily was. A strapping young chap. I’ll post a side pic of Melissa in the next couple of weeks… with her permission, of course.

NEXT DISNEY TRIP OFFICIAL: We will be visiting Walt Disney World from September 20 to September 26. Melissa’s parents have offered to come with and help watch the newborn. Disney is offering a great deal for September where they offer you their dining plan for FREE. For every night that we are there… we will get one Table service meal, one counter service meal, and one snack… ALL FOR FREE. We usually budget about $350 for food… but with Emily… probably more like $425. But the great thing is that it will allow us to try some ‘sit down’ restaurants that we wouldn’t normally be able to afford. According to my calculations, it will save us about $800 worth of food… because we are going to take advantage of all the ‘sit down’ meals given to us. We are excited. Our first night there will be at the Animal Kingdom… and we’ll be eating at the Rainforest CafĂ©. Emily hasn’t eaten there yet… and we think she’ll love it… what with all the animatronic animals moving and making noise all around. Should be cool.

So long for just awhile…

2 comments:

Angele Myska said...

Boy name: Horace Humphrey Hubert Howard:)

Barry Bonds: you just stabbed Jeffrey in the heart.

Disney: awesome! We went to the Mall of America in March and ate at the Rainforest Cafe...we had to make a reservation because there was a two-hour wait without one (no joke). Both the kids loved it, especially Olivia. Someday when I get around to it, I'm going to do a post of pics from that trip.

Emily: sure do miss her! I'd love to get the girls in dance or gymnastics together.

Jeannie said...

Yeah, what is up with Barry? He's quite the drama king. Weird. Congrats to the Cards on that latest win!