Thursday, May 04, 2006

If: Part 3

Due to rising gasoline prices… my head has not been able to adequately wrap itself around any of the ‘serious’ articles that I would like to write sometime soon. (No, I don’t know what rising gas prices have to do with it, but I have to blame it on SOMETHING.) So, I am moving back to my trusty ‘If’ book for the second week in a row.

If you could change one thing in the world right now, what would you altar?
Lower gas prices! Just kidding… sort of. Another one of those questions where the easy answer is to say: No More Evil, No More War, No More Terrorists, and No More Cubs Fans! (Just kidding about the Cubs fans thing… sort of.) I’ll go with no more evil, but I still run into the whole eliminating free will thing… which God declined to do… and though this might surprise some of you… God is more knowledgeable about creation how the world is supposed to work than I am.

If you had to assassinate one famous person who is alive right now, who would it be, and how would you do it?
Well, assassination is quite a serious crime. I mean, I just said that I would like to eliminate all evil, which would include assassination. However, this was the question asked… and my answer would probably be one of two types of people: Someone from the Hollywood left that doesn’t know anything about anything and uses their fame to get involved in issues that we make him/her look better… not necessarily because they want to change the world. The second type of person would be the famous Christian right wing radicals that say dumb things like: Hurricane Katrina happened because God was pouring out his wrath on a morally bankrupt New Orleans. Gag me with a freakin’ spoon. (Or better yet, I choose that as my method of assassination… death by spoon gagging… watch out Pat Robertson, if you see me coming at you with a spoon…) ‘Course, there are certain Cub players and MANAGER that would be close to making my ‘list.’

If you could permanently alter one thing about your physical appearance, what would you change?
Easiest question so far: I’d like to lose weight… I would like to permanently hover at the 175 mark for the rest of my long, tennis playing life.

If you could have stopped aging at any point in your life up to the present, how old would you want to remain?
There are several ways to interpret this question… what exactly happens when I stop aging? Do I stop learning? Does everybody in my life stop aging at the exact same time? Or does it just have to do with my physical aging… while the rest of the world grows old around me? Another question I would have is whether I can lose weight after I've stopped my aging... I mean, I would probably chose 24 or 25, but I'd like to lose some of the weight that I carried then. If I can't lose weight, then I would be forced to go all the way back to 18 or 19 when I was last under 200 pounds.

If you could inherit a comfortable home in any city in the world that you could use but not sell, where would you want it to be?
Easy, St. Louis. Yes, some dreams do come true. Orlando would take second place.

If you could inherit a vacation home anywhere in the world in which you could spend one month a year, but that you could never sell, where would it be?
1) Orlando 2) San Diego

Ok, you know the drill… what would be your answers to these questions?

1 comment:

Angele Myska said...

alter one thing in the world...jeez, too many to choose from...I guess I'd like everyone to have education, food, clothing, shelter, some sort of health care...even at the barest minimums, something is better than nothing. Tall order.

assassination of a famous person? I can't think of one...but infamous people, that's easy, child molesters. Jeff and I just saw a Dateline episode with hidden cameras and guys who met up with someone they thought was a young teen home alone for the weekend...most of these men don't think of themselves as predators...shocking...anyway, I have an opinion that they can't be cured or rehabed...I know nothing's impossible for God but this is one type of sin I have an extremely difficult time believing should be forgiven. I'm not sure how I would do it...I'd prefer someone else do it. Maybe God could just do a Sodom and Gomorrah thing again?

alter my appearance...easy. I have this little buffalo hump looking thing at the base of my neck from poor posture...I can make it better by doing certain exercises and loosening up the right muscles but I'm too lazy and not that vain I guess. It only bothers me when I catch a glimpse in a mirror but don't get obsessed over it.

Stop aging at any age so far??? I haven't reached that age yet! I don't know, in many ways I feel I'm just sort of coming into the good years at 30...I look forward to 40 and 50 (I really do)...but I'm a little scared of 60+...so maybe I'd stop aging around 50ish. As long as I could keep learning and eventually die (looking great)...I don't want to live forever.

inherit a home...hmm...probably somewhere in Ireland.

visit one month a year...probably France, or Spain...yeah, somewhere where they have siestas! I'm all about naps baby!