Friday, August 24, 2007

Emily's First Day of Kindergarten!!

Emily started school on Wednesday!! She was so excited! To quote her, "I can't believe this day finally came...I waited forever." Mom, Dad, and Aaron walked her down the first day and took lots of pictures with her class. They all looked so cute with their backpacks, waving to their mommies and daddies. She is in afternoon Kindergarten and her teacher seems very nice. It's just a short walk down to the school and so far we have been very impressed with the school and district.







As if the first week of Kindergarten isn't a big enough event, Mother- Nature decided to make it an even bigger week for her. On her second day of school, a big storm set in just as school was supposed to get out. Due to tornado warnings, they held the kids inside instead of releasing them to their parents. Before Emily had the chance to experience a tornado drill, the poor girl had to actually have a real one. She said they sat in the hallway with their backpacks over their heads. Then, due to power outages and downed power lanes from the storm....school was cancelled today. What a start to Kindergarten!



On a side note, I am thouroghly enjoying my "stay-at-home mom" days. This is what I have wanted for the past 4 years and my dream has finally come true. I love it!! I love waking up in the morning and deciding what I'm going to do for the day...with my kids!! Sometimes we run errands, sometimes we stay home and clean, etc., and sometimes we schedule play dates. It has been a wonderful summer and I look forward to the coming year. I am going to be as involved in Emily's school as I can. I have signed up to help in her classroom once a month and I am hoping to attend a few field trips as well. Emily will be taking gymnastics and tennis lessons(for daddy) beginning in September.

4 comments:

The VM Family said...

Yay Melissa!

I'm so happy for and proud of you. Being a mom IS a very rewarding job! From what I read on your blog, it sounds like Emily is a perfectly happy, outgoing and fun little girl. Hope this next stage of "school years" goes well for you and your family-- sounds like Emily will thrive. Hope you do okay! :)

Love, Jen

Angele Myska said...

Awesome! I took sweet pics of Olivia's first day of kindergarten too but haven't had a chance to post yet!

BTW, see that dark haired girl next to Em? reminds me of Liv! She has a shirt almost identical to that one and now that her hair is growing out, she wears pigtails just like that! we're with you in spirit and yes, your dream is here...I've prayed over you and your family for as long as I've known you and continue to miss you and support in your new home!

thanks for joining the blogging clan...I enjoy your writing just as much as I have Josh's.

Angele Myska said...

guess what? miss liv and I are gettin' ready to post her Kindergarten first day pics and I showed her em...and she said this

"which house is that? her new one?"

"there's emily and her daddy Josh"

"there's emily and her mommy"

"Oh, and there's ME and emily and all our friends!!!"

Carrie said...

Wow, it's so hard to believe that Emily is in kindergarten! I am glad you are enjoying your new home and Aaron's room is so cute. Jonah will be kindergarten next year...time flies!
Carrie Evans