Wednesday, August 15, 2007

If - 4

Continuing where I left off in May of 2006... this is just for times when I don't feel like writing anything else... but want to continue posting on this thing. Here are some 'if' questions. Feel free to leave your own answers to these questions in the comments section:

If you could suddenly possess an extraordinary talent in one of the arts, what would you like it to be?
Easy… to be able to play an instrument. Preferably a guitar.

If you could be instantly fluent in one other language that you currently do not read or speak, which would it be?
This is a toss up for me. Do I go for a language that will help me with study and scholarship… or do I go for a language that will help me on a relational level? I wish I could read ancient Greek… but I’m going to have to go with Spanish on this one. Again… there are other languages out there… but I come in contact with more Spanish speaking people than anyone else… and I would love to be able to talk to them. I could talk to Albert Pujols if I knew Spanish… so there.

If you could have permanent possession of any single object in the world, what would you want it to be?
Wow. Permanent means I can’t sell it. So, it would have to be a sentimental item… rather than a collector’s item. I guess I would love to have one of the premier releases from U2 that came out in the late seventies: ‘U2:3.’ There were only a few printed and they were only available within the UK. That would be cool to have. Of course, I don’t have a record player… so it would be hard to listen to.

If you could have had a starring role in one film already made, which movie would you pick?
Another toss up… but both are Harrison Ford characters. I would choose either Han Solo or Indiana Jones. But I’m leaning towards Han Solo.

If you had to identically repeat any single year of your life to date, without changing a thing, which year would you relive?
This would have to be a childhood year… probably September of 82 through August of 83. That way I catch the Cards winning the World Series and the opening of Return of the Jedi. My brother was born then too. Yeah… it would be that year.

If you could return for one year to one age in your life, knowing what you know now, to relive that year as you wish, which year would you go back to?
Assuming that this question is designed to ask which year you would like to change the most… I would have several answers. I would love to change certain girl-friend choices I made during my Sophmore and Senior years of High School. I would also like to re-do certain aspects of my last year in St. Peters.

If you could be sculpted by any artist in history, who would you choose?
I’m really not an artsy fartsy type of guy… so I really don’t care. I’ll throw out Michelangelo, just because he was also a cool Ninja Turtle… with numb chucks.

No comments: