Wednesday, August 01, 2007

Going Away...

In my quest to catch up with my pictures... allow me to share a few from my 'going away' party at St. Peters. It was Cardinal themed. Ballpark food. They even had some of the guys from the youth group going around the sanctuary like they were vendors of food and such. Pretty fun time.


Pic 1: The family with all our Cardinal garb on. I actually got to lead worship wearing this stuff on Sunday. Pretty cool.


Pic 2: Our friends, the Reeces... put this clever little poster together. It reminds me of an Office episode called 'Business School.' The Reeces are our dear friends, whom we miss very much.


Pic 3: Our church sign out front with a nice message from the SPWC family.


Pic 4: What our 'head table' looked like...


Pic 5: Everyone else was in their Cardinals garb too!




It was a bittersweet day. I miss the people at SPWC and I miss the St. Peters area. I am already trying to figure out when to go back down for a visit. I'm thinking around Opening Day next year... but we'll see.

While I miss so many of the people, God knew exactly what he was doing when he took me from St. Peters. God made it very clear over and over again throughout that last year. I always said that God would have to make it very clear over and over again at the point in which he would want me to become a Lead Pastor. He did that.

You know he made it clear if I decided to move from Cardinals country to Cubs country. Anyway... that's all I have for today... I'm going to try and post another general update tomorrow. We'll see.

2 comments:

Jeannie said...

Now this is the way to go out, my friend. Very cool people to do that for you!

Angele Myska said...

I've never doubted God's plan for you and your family and I know you'll "be baaahk" (read that like Arnold would say it) for a visit when the time is right.

It was a great/bittersweet party wasn't it?