Thursday, October 26, 2006

Game Three

Due to a serious computer problem... I have not been able to do any kind of a Game Three wrap up until now. Though they are late... here are my thoughts on game three.

-To the writer that thought the Tigers would win in three... well, it looks like they are going to need five games now!
-Chris Carpenter was a delight to watch. All his pitches were working. The Tigers had no idea what pitch he was going to throw. Many of their swings were weak 'guess' swings. This is why he won the Cy Young award last year... he is a tremendous talent. I looked closely at his hand too and I didn't see any type of dirt or dark substance at all. So either he's cleaner than Rogers by nature... or he's less of a cheater. The world will never know, I guess.
-I think Jim Edmonds is worth his option next year. Memo to Cardinals ownership: Keep Jimmy Ballgame around... you won't find anyone better for the price.
-Belliard in the five hole? LaRussa... you must be nuts!
-Encarnacion on the bench? LaRussa... you must be a genius! Is there anyway we can trade this guy?
-Zumaya can throw a 100MPH heater, sure... but does it matter if he can't play defense?
-Game Four will be a key game... Obviously, I like our chances if we win. My gut says that if we win, we win the series in five or six. But if we lose, I see us losing the series in seven. Who the heck really knows though? It's fun to predict.
-Suppan vs. Bonderman: Soup's been good... but Bonderman scares me with our free swinging, undisciplined line-up. I'm expecting a 5-4 type game... but we'll see.
-Here's a little picture that's going around St. Louis... thought I'd share...

No comments: