Sunday, October 22, 2006

Game Two

• Not as much fun to watch tonight. We looked like the Tigers did last night.
• Kenny Rogers is frustratingly good. Though I’m not sure about that foreign substance on his hand. I would like to know what that was.
• Craig Monroe wasn’t able to hit a homerun the rest of the night because he hit his chest so hard after his first home run… I think he pulled a muscle or something. What was that about? It wasn’t a walk off, buddy. Take it easy.
• Juan Encarnacion takes some of the worst at-bats I’ve ever seen. He’s not a smart baserunner… and he plays a terrible defense. I can’t believe I have to watch him play for another two years. Terrible.
• So close at the end… So close… nice job by the Cards to at least mount a little resistance there in the top of the ninth. Hopefully you Tiger fans were a little nervous... it was probably the only time you were nervous all night.
• Carp vs. Robertson in game three. I’d feel confident, except that Robertson is a lefty and we suck against lefties.

1 comment:

Carrie said...

Todd Jones did his best Mitch "Wild Thing" Williams impression last night. The Tigs were lucky that Molina hit it to Santiago, or the outcome of the game would have been different.

Rogers has been very impressive throughout the playoffs. 23 scoreless innings.