Sunday, February 12, 2006

Baseball Movie Tournament

To celebrate the start of another baseball season… over the next 15 weeks, I would like to identify the best baseball movie. Each week, I will match two baseball movies up for you to vote on. The poll can be found right underneath my profile on the sidebar. I would love to get your feedback. Polls open on Sunday morning and polls close on Saturday night. Come back once a week to vote for your favorite of the two movies listed on that particular week: Each week’s winning movie will move forward and match-up against another winning movie. If you need a reminder of what each movie is about and who the actors were… I’ll post a ‘match-up’ link underneath the poll that will link you to a website that summarizes the characters and plotlines. Thanks!

Here is the bracket and first round matchups:

Bull Durham 1988
Angels in the Outfield 1994

Major League 2 1994
Mr. Baseball 1992

For Love of the Game 1999
Tiger Town 1983

Bad News Bears 2005
The Natural 1984

Field of Dreams 1989
Rookie of the Year 1993

Bad News Bears 1976
The Sandlot 1993

A League of Their Own 1992
The Rookie 2002

Little Big League 1994
Major League 1989



Do I have too much time on my hands? Probably.
Am I a geek? Chances are high.
Am I really happy that spring training is starting this week? Yes I am.

5 comments:

Jocelyn said...

A League of Their Own is hands down the best baseball movie ever! ;) With Field of Dreams and Sandlot following. The first and only time I saw my father cry was during Field of Dreams.

Josh H said...

Yeah, I love 'Field of Dreams'...
and I'm really partial to 'Bull Durham' and 'For Love of the Game.'

Similarities? Kevin Costner baseball movies are usually very good.

'Sandlot' and 'A League of Their Own'... both great flicks... Tom Hanks was especially good!

Matt said...

Josh,

Love the survey, but come on hands down , Field of Dreams. I was surprised not to see Hardball on the list, if just for the funeral seen at the end.

Keep up the good work
Matt

Josh H said...

Is Hardball the one with Keanu Reaves? I can't remember.

Angele Myska said...

It's totally unfair to match up 'A League of Their Own' with 'The Rookie'...come on! Two of my favorites of course...also partial to Bull Durham and Field of Dreams...Kevin Costner's great in baseball movies (not so great in that 1000 miles from Graceland or whatever it was called).