Thursday, February 09, 2006

It's A Boy!



We went to the doctor on Tuesday and found out that we are having a boy! More importantly, we found out that everything checks out and looks normal for this stage of the pregnancy.

Sorry for the picture... we have a few better ones, but I couldn't get blogger to load them properly for some reason. The baby was face down... kind of looked like he was trying to tunnel his way out with his head. Hehe.

Emily is starting to get used to the idea of having a boy baby. Somebody asked her recently if it was a girl baby or boy baby and she answered boy baby. For the longest time, she refused to talk about the baby if it wasn't a girl. She is starting to come to terms with it now, I suppose.

Of course, she might change her mind in a couple of years when the boy is running around making loud shooting noises and breaking all her toys. But I'll worry about that when it happens.

3 comments:

Angele Myska said...

SWEEEET! You'll have so much fun parenting a boy...I'm still amazed how different Alex is from Olivia. It's funny how you called him 'the boy' when you referred to him running around breaking stuff...that's what we call Alex...I guess it's his nickname now...'the boy.' Olivia's 'the peanut.'

Congrats!!!

Jeannie said...

I'm just grinning from ear to ear - a little boy in the Howard house will be a delightful addition. I'm very happy and excited for you! Congrats, my friends. (The light saber is in the mail...ha)

Josh H said...

Thanks Jeannie!

Last night we were at a Valentine's Day banquet for our church and a friend approached me and congratulated me and proceeded to tell me that I'd have to start buying Star Wars toys in preparation.

I turned to her and said: "BUY Star Wars toys? I already HAVE Star Wars toys."

A whole closet full, in fact... maybe 300 figures, 10 vehicles and ships, 2 or 3 lightsabers, and all kinds of other stuff that I've forgotten about.

This is going to be fun!