Friday, November 09, 2007

Bringing it all back...

I ate breakfast this morning in the Wheaton College dining commons. I'm sure they have an official name for it, but I don't know what it is.

As I sat down to eat my eggs and french toast with the group of guys I was with... I heard the VERY FIRST Jars of Clay CD pumping through the speaker system. Yes, the one with classics like Liquid, Flood, and Worlds Apart. It immediately took me back to my own college days. That album came out the Spring/Summer before my freshman year of college. So it wouldn't have been surprising to hear that very album playing in the IWU student center during my years there. It's funny how music can do that to you.

DC Talk's Jesus Freak album also takes me back to my Freshman year of college. Dave Matthew's 'Under the Table and Dreaming' takes me to my Sophmore year. U2's 'Achtung Baby' takes me back to my Junior year. Sonic Flood, as much as I don't really care for them now... their first album takes me back to my Senior Year. It's just amazing how music has the ability to transport you to another time in your life...

No comments: