Wednesday, April 12, 2006

The One Hundreth

This is my 100th post since I started blogging way back in October of 2004. I thought I’d take a look back and reflect on the past year and a half. Here are my ten favorite posts (the ones that were most meaningful to me when I wrote them… or the ones that were the most fun to write.)

DisneyWorld Trip Series

A recap of our Summer of 2004 trip. The link takes you to part one of four. We are now starting to plan our first trip with Emily!

7 Down

A post about my beautiful wife Melissa on our 7th wedding anniversary last July.

Jealousy In Ministry

A look at my struggle with being jealous of other pastors and their opportunities.

Episode Three Review

Can’t believe that Revenge of the Sith came out almost a whole year ago now. The year just flew by. Here’s my initial review of the movie.

Music Never Got Saved

A look at how my view of music has changed throughout the years.

Annoying People In Heaven

My response to 'hard to love' people in churches… and God’s response to me.

Stamp Thine Own Image

My prayer for Emily…

Introverted Pastor Series

A series that helped me reconcile my ministry tendencies with my personality. I no longer feel guilty that I am an introvert! This link will take you to part one of three.

When Your Best Isn’t Good Enough

Out of a really discouraging time for me, God reminded me of this truth: In your weakness, you are strong. This post details that journey.

My Name Is Josh. I’m Overweight.

This post was written out of my frustration with myself concerning my weight. Still struggling with the same battle.


And there it is! I've had a blast doing this whole 'blog' thing.

Now, like Bono once said about U2, 'I'm going to go away and dream it all up again.'

Actually, I'm not going to go away... I've just always wanted to say that. :)

But I did dream up a new Blog Title... I've just been wanting something different than 'Josh's Blog'... but I'm not always that creative when it comes to stuff like that... oh well. Here's to another 100...

5 comments:

Angele Myska said...

Groovy new title, I dig it.
Minus the episode three review, these are all my faves too! Keep on keepin' on!!

Me llamo Dave said...

why'd we have to get swept the first cubs match. would have been nice to show what for right away. i hate having to here about it in cubbie land.

Josh H said...

I know man, it's frustrating because we could've won the last two games... Haha... that is one thing I DON'T miss about living up there: Cub fans. Yuck. :)

Jeannie said...

Many kudos to you on the 100th post. Wow, you are an old pro now. A million thanks for hooking me into blogging.

How's my girl "Mwissa" doing these days? Give her much love from me.

Matt said...

I have to say that the jealousy in ministry blog hit me the hardest...been there done that. I think that is one of the main reasons I took the admissions job right out becuase I would compare myself to some of those guys I had classes with. Truth of the matter is God made us who we are and we each have individual gifts that He uses. Once I recognized that I found that I wasn't "crippled" in my ministry anymore. I can only be who God made me to be. Glad to hear from you bro! OOOOOOOO YEAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!